The CSS reference
"orphans" - css property (v. css 2)
- Indicates the minimum number of lines that must be left at the bottom of a page when a page break occurs inside an element
- Initial value: 2
- The property is inherited
- HTML usage: block-level elements
- The value has to be an positive interger or 'inherit'
Browsers that support the orphans - property :
- Firefox do not support this property.
// To SET values ([o] is the target object) [o].style.orphans="orphans value" // To GET values you must first get the computed style object // To get that object in IE or Opera: var cStyle=[o].currentStyle; // To get that object in Firefox, Chrome or Safari (w3c-type): var cStyle=window.getComputedStyle([o],null) // To GET the property value:; var value=cStyle.orphans;
© 2010 by Finnesand Data. All rights reserved.
This site aims to provide FREE programming training and technics.
Finnesand Data as site owner gives no warranty for the
correctness in the pages or source codes.
The risk of using this web-site pages or any program
codes from this website is entirely at the individual user.