What is Java
Facts about Java.
- Java is an object oriented programming tool.
- Java is used to develop distributed and secure software for Internet and the World-Wide Web environment.
- Java is also multithreaded, architecture neutral, portable and robust.
- Java was designed for high performance, on distributed networks and for multiple platforms to meet the World-Wide Web environment.
- The syntax in Java is similar to C/C++, but simpler. In C/C++ you work with complex features like pointers, multiple inheritances, and operator overloading.
- Java is strongly typed language. It means that all variables must be of a type. (double, int, class, etc.)
- Sun Microsystem (Sun) created Java in the early 1990s.
- The first public version of that Java technology was released in 1995.
- James Gosling, is the inventor of the Java Technology.
© 2010 by Finnesand Data. All rights reserved.
This site aims to provide FREE programming training and technics.
Finnesand Data as site owner gives no warranty for the
correctness in the pages or source codes.
The risk of using this web-site pages or any program
codes from this website is entirely at the individual user.