SQL Database Content
What is a Database?
- In multi-user RDBMSs, each database are controlled and owned by specified users.
Rights and responsibilities vary widely among database management
systems, but they often include:
- Set up permissions for other users within the database.
- Make backup copies of the database on a regular basis and running the recovery procedures in case of system failure.
- Enlarge the database if more space becomes necessary.
- Owns most of all production database objects.
- Understand the kind of data that is in the database and how it is used.
- Many existing RDBMS has not fully implemented SQL ANSI standard, but some RDBMS has their own solution for some special tasks. You will also find RDBMS with their own SQL options.
- However, all the RDBMS support at least the major commands, (such as CREATE, ALTER, DROP, SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE, INSERT, JOIN ...).
© 2010 by Finnesand Data. All rights reserved.
This site aims to provide FREE programming training and technics.
Finnesand Data as site owner gives no warranty for the
correctness in the pages or source codes.
The risk of using this web-site pages or any program
codes from this website is entirely at the individual user.